Preparing for actuarial studies starts in high school
First things first – study maths!
Be sure to choose subjects that will set you up for admission to university.
- NSW - Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2;
- VIC - Specialist Mathematics;
- QLD - Mathematics C;
- SA and NT - Specialist Mathematics;
- WA - Mathematic – Specialist;
- TAS - Mathematics Specialised; or
- ACT - Specialist Mathematics.
But there's always more you can do!
- Develop your communication skills.
- Take an interest in current financial and economic news.
- Talk to your careers counsellor.