You can enrol for Fellowship subjects during December/January for Semester One and June for Semester Two. Please refer to the key dates for further details.
- All enrolments and payment must be received and finalised by the enrolment closing date unless an extension is granted.
- Enrolments with incomplete information or without a valid payment will not be processed.
- Late enrolments will not be accepted.
Enrolments are acknowledged by email. If you do not receive confirmation of enrolment then you need to contact the Education Team.
Enrolment fees are available here.
Enrolments - Enterprise Risk Management and Health and Care
Students wishing to undertake the UK SP9 Examination as part of Course 7A - Enterprise Risk Management or UK SP1 Health and Care Examination for Module 1 should apply through the Actuaries Institute here and must not apply directly to the UK Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IoFA) for examination entry. Applications made directly to the IoFA will not be accepted.
- Course materials for Module 1 - SP1 and the SP9 course materials are available from ActEd (UK).
- Course materials for all subjects offered by the Actuaries Institute are available for order at enrolment or by contacting the Education Team. All enrolled students receive free access to digital course notes for these Modules via the Institute's Learning Management System.
Printed Course materials and any textbooks are not included in enrolment fees. Postage or courier costs will be charged to cover delivery.
REFUNDS AND SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES
The Actuaries Institute offers students in qualifying countries financial relief from Fellowship Program enrolment fees for Actuaries Institute developed courses. To qualify for fee relief students must:
- Be a current full-time resident of and working in a qualified country.
- Be personally paying for the course fees and not being reimbursed.
- Have their salary paid in local currency.
Students who qualify for fee relief pay 50% of the scheduled enrolment fee for a Fellowship subject. To apply for Fellowship Program Fee Relief, students should submit an Application for Fellowship Program Fee Relief prior to enrolling in a Fellowship Program course.
Fee relief is only available for the workshop fees for C7A – Enterprise Risk Management and not for the UK SP9 Examination.
WITHDRAWAL & REFUNDS
Students are entitled to a full or partial refund of their course fees should they chose to withdraw from a course, provided they submit their withdrawal form - which can be found on the forms page - to the Actuaries Institute by the dates listed on the withdrawal form.
All forms needs to submitted by 17:00 (AEST) before the deadline date to receive a refund.
Refunds apply for course fees only, and do not include course materials or textbooks. No refund will be given if a student is disqualified from sitting an examination for any reason, or fails to sit the examination.
Students who believe their assignment or exam performance has been or may be affected by personal difficulties, such as illness or bereavement, may apply to have these circumstances taken into consideration by submitting a Request for Special Consideration. Applications must include supporting documentation, such as a:
- Medical certificate or doctor’s note.
- Police or fire certificate.
- Death certificate.
- Letter from employer.
All supporting documentation must be current and up-to-date. The Actuaries Institute reserves the right to decline applications submitted without appropriate supporting documentation or after the deadline. Special consideration only applies to courses examined by the Actuaries Institute.
Students wishing to apply for special consideration for the IFoA exam - SP9 Enterprise Risk Management Exam or SP1 Health and Care Exam should submit an Application for Mitigating Circumstances directly to the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries within two weeks of the exam taking place. Applications received after the two-week period may not be accepted.