The actuarial education program in Australia is made up of three parts.
Part I can be completed by:
- studying an undergraduate actuarial degree at one of seven accredited Australian universities
- distance examination through the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries in the UK; or
- credit transfer from another actuarial society.
Part II provides your child with an understanding of underlying actuarial principles that may be applied to a range of problems in commercial and business environments and is taught by six accredited Australian universities.
Part III of the education program is offered by distance study through the Actuaries Institute and provides your child with the opportunity to complete studies in one specialist area of practice:
- Life Insurance
- General Insurance
- Global Retirement Income Systems
- Investment Management and Finance
Preparing for actuarial studies starts NOW
We recommend your child:
- NSW - Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2;
- VIC - Specialist Mathematics;
- QLD - Mathematics C;
- SA and NT - Specialist Mathematics;
- WA - Mathematics – Specialist;
- TAS - Mathematics Specialised; or
- ACT - Specialist Mathematics.
- Develops their communication skills.
- Discusses current financial and economic news.
- Talks to their careers counsellor.