The Life Insurance Practice Committee (LIPC):
- Contributes to the strategic direction of the Institute;
- Actively supports the development of actuarial practice through the Institute’s education, CPD, standard-setting, public policy and research activities; and
- Actively identifies and promotes opportunities for members working in life insurance and facilitates communication and liaison within the profession.
The responsibilities of the LIPC include:
- Identifying new and emerging technical and practice needs of members.
- Identifying risk exposures for the profession in life insurance and wealth management and making recommendations to Council on how to manage these.
- Maintaining and developing professional education materials, including reviewing the course syllabus.
- Identifying continuing professional development needs of members and developing CPD programs and opportunities.
- Identifying potential issues for research and development.
- Reviewing and developing relevant Professional Standards and Practice Guidelines.
- Preparing public policy submissions on technical issues affecting life insurance and wealth management and on matters of broader public interest, including research activity.
- Communicating on a regular basis with members (e.g. via e-newsletters and Actuaries Digital articles) on issues and developments affecting life insurance and wealth management.
- Developing links with other actuarial bodies (overseas) and relevant professional and industry bodies.
MEMBERS OF THE LIPC SUBCOMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS
Retirement Incomes Working Group
Anthony Asher (Chair)
Brnic Van Wyk
John De Ravin
Life Insurance and Retirement Faculty Members
| Faculty Head
|| Andy Siu
|Peter Corbett (LIRV)
Bruce Thomason - LIRPD
Anthony Brien - LI App
Jim Repanis - S&R App
Andy Siu (LIWMPC)
Vivian Dang (SPC)
| Chief Examiners
Georgina Hemmings - LIRV, LIRPD, LI App
Janice Jones - S&R App
Peter Kariatlis (Life)
Eric Cheng (Life)
Vivian Dang (Super)
Vivian Dang (Super)
Young Tan (Super)
Iris Deng (Life)
SME LI App
|SME S&R App
Eleanor Mazando (Operations)
Mike Callan (HEDD)
Retirement Strategy Group
Andrew Boal (Chair)
Professional Development Subcommittee
Stephen Dixon (LIPC Sponsor)
Kajal Pandya (Chair)
Wen Yi Tang
Insurance in Super Working Group: Jeff Humphries
Direct Insurance: Adrian Kerins
Collateral Arrangements Working Group: Colette Reid