important update - semester 2, 2020 exams foundation program and part iii module 1 sp exams
We understand that the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) exams for Semester 1 were delivered successfully and there was generally a high level of student satisfaction.
Knowing that you are keen to progress your study and exams, we appreciate your patience and understanding in this challenging time, particularly as some of the April 2020 exams were not available online.
Here’s what we can tell you now about Semester 2 2020.
The IFoA has confirmed that they will be offering all their exams online, including the CM and CS exams, which were not offered in April 2020.
Key exam dates and booking arrangements for Actuaries Institute members can be found on our website. Please refer to the Foundation Program or Fellowship Program key dates (as per relevant courses).
Please check the IFoA website for updates on the September 2020 exams. Their Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) have been updated and we encourage you to also check these regularly, as they will continue be updated in response to student and employer enquiries and feedback.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email the Education Team or call +61 (0) 2 9239 6100.
Semester 2 Part III and Fellowship Exams update.
As you would be aware the Part III and Fellowship April exams were deferred until the next sitting in October 2020.
We will be keeping you updated on the exam process for October 2020. The new exam dates have been set and further information will be published on the website.
The project to implement the technology to enable the Institute to deliver the exams in an online environment in Semester 2 is underway.
This will ensure that you will be able to sit your exams regardless of any health protection requirements that may be in place at the time. Going forward, all exams will be held online beyond the COVID-19 response.
We appreciate that your study has been interrupted by the deferral of exams and the current working environment. We will be providing support for your study once Semester 2 commences.
Here’s what we can confirm now.
- Students who were enrolled in Semester 1 will automatically be enrolled for Semester 2 and don’t need to do anything.
- You will continue to have access to the Learning Management System (LMS) and all course material for the rest of Semester 1 and throughout Semester 2.
- Life Insurance Application students will receive a new link to the LMS as you will be grouped with new Semester 2 students for learning purposes
- The assignment completed in respect of Semester 1 will be carried forward and your grade will apply. You will not be asked to complete another assignment in Semester 2 although you will have access to any new assignments set for new students for practice.
- Subjects which are open to new students in Semester 2 will be run as usual with the planned tutorials - all of which will be available to Semester 1 students to attend.
- We will be providing some additional tutorials during Semester 2 for subjects which were not scheduled to operate in Semester 2 for example – C5B, C6A, Superannuation and Retirement Applications and Life Insurance and Retirement Valuation.
- The CAP Residential Course and ERM Workshop will be delivered online in Semester 2 2020.
- The CAP Virtual Residential Course will be held over two weeks. Further details on the format of the program will be available on 1 June.
- Semester 1 CAP students will be able to attend one of the traditional topic sessions at the Virtual Residential Course.
- Students who want to attend the ERM Workshop in Semester 2 will need to enrol during the enrolment period.
We encourage you to consider whether you should take the opportunity to enrol in an additional subject for Semester 2 depending on your personal circumstances.
As mentioned above, we will continue to keep you up to date via email and/or the website.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to call +61 (0) 2 9239 6100 or email email@example.com.