Life Insurance and Wealth Management
The Life Insurance and Wealth Management Practice Committee (LIWMPC):
- contributes to the strategic direction of the Institute;
- actively supports the development of actuarial practice through the Institute’s education, CPD, standard-setting, public policy and research activities; and
- actively identifies and promotes opportunities for members working in life insurance and wealth management and facilitates communication and liaison within the profession.
The responsibilities of the LIWMPC include:
- Identifying new and emerging technical and practice needs of members.
- Identifying risk exposures for the profession in life insurance and wealth management and making recommendations to Council on how to manage these.
- Maintaining and developing professional education materials, including reviewing the course syllabus.
- Identifying continuing professional development needs of members and developing CPD programs and opportunities.
- Identifying potential issues for research and development.
- Reviewing and developing relevant Professional Standards and Practice Guidelines.
- Preparing public policy submissions on technical issues affecting life insurance and wealth management and on matters of broader public interest, including research activity.
- Communicating on a regular basis with members (e.g. via e-newsletters and Actuaries Digital articles) on issues and developments affecting life insurance and wealth management.
- Developing links with other actuarial bodies (overseas) and relevant professional and industry bodies.
- Reviewing existing and identifying new Policy Statements for Council’s ‘Statements of Policy and Procedures’.
MEMBERS OF THE LIWMPC SUB-COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS
Eric McNamara (Chair)
Martin Hickling (Secretary)
Didier How Yin Fat
Stephen Dixon (Convenor)
Hean Peng Thniah
Yee Ling Yang
Nick Kulikov (Convenor)
Jih Ying Tioh
Retirement Incomes Working Group
Anthony Asher (Chair)
Brnic Van Wyk
John De Ravin
Member Communications Members
Richard Land (Convenor)
Wen Yi Tang
Wen Yi Tang
Life Faculty Members
|LIWMPC Education Sponsor ||Ilan Leas |
|Life Faculty Course Leader ||Steve Miles |
|Chief Examiners ||Matthew Wood |
|Assistant Examiners || |
|Course Leaders || |
|Tutors || |
2A Review Team
Soon Choi Ong
2B Review Team