Risk Management Practice Committee – vacancies
The Risk Management Practice Committee (RMPC) is seeking expressions of interest to fill the following two vacancies.
- Deputy RMPC Convenor and Professional Standards Lead– to support the RMPC Convenor with several recurring and ad-hoc committee responsibilities. The Deputy will also be responsible for leading the RMPC’s work on any professional standard or guidance notes that may be required from time to time; and
- RMPC Member and Risk Insights Lead – to contribute to general RMPC matters. This role is also responsible for determining topics and presenters for the Actuaries Institute Insight Sessions on matters pertaining to risk management.
The RMPC meets monthly. For each of these vacancies, members should expect to contribute at least 30 hours to the committee each year, providing leadership in their nominated area.
The objectives of RMPC are to:
- contribute to the Actuaries Institute’s (Institute) strategy by representing the risk management practice area;
- actively support the development of actuarial practice in risk management through the Institute’s education, CPD, professional regulation and guidance, public policy and research activities;
- identify and promote opportunities for members working in risk management, and to promote the actuarial brand in risk management to industry and external stakeholders; and
- facilitate communication and liaison within the profession on risk management.
The Presidential Committee approves new members based on a recommendation from the RMPC. The criteria that will be considered include:
- prior experience in risk management, in either a dedicated risk management role or as part of any other role;
- the applicant’s intended contribution to RMPC; and
- how the applicant adds to the diversity of thinking within RMPC.
CERA accreditation is desirable but not a requirement for applicants.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a covering email or letter to Lily Meszaros. The covering letter should outline the skills and experience you will bring to RMPC and/or the RMPC Reputation Sub-Committee. Please list the position(s) for which you would like to be considered.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 6 April 2018
high school volunteers
The Actuaries Institute's High School Program aims to nurture the interest of mathematically gifted high school students so they are able to consider the actuarial profession at an early stage. We organise school visits where volunteers will deliver a presentation on the profession, outline pathways and also engage in Q&A and share their personal journey to becoming an actuary.
We are looking to further expand and improve the program in 2018. If you are interested in becoming involved in the program or would like more information, please contact Jennifer Yu.
This page will be updated regularly with new and existing vacancies. In the meantime, please send any volunteering expressions of interest to volunteers@actuaries .asn.au