Young Actuaries Advisory Board - Expression of Interest
Expressions of interest for the Young Actuaries Advisory Board (YAAB) are now open. This will assist the YAAB in learning more about you and why you are interested in joining the YAAB. Expressions of interest will close at 5pm (AEDT) Friday 20 November. Members will be contacted with more information following this date. Please email YAAB@actuaries.asn.au if you have any questions.
The YAAB is a forum for young members to advocate within council. Its aim is to:
- Assist young members access the Institute through more targeted communication with young members
- Acts as the voice of the young members in the profession and advise Council on matters relating to young members
- Assist the Institute with its education and CPD strategy
- Assist the Institute in promoting the actuarial career to potential new entrants to the profession
Expression of Interest Form
Actuary & Fellowship Program: 2021 Scrutineers
We are currently recruiting assignment and exam scrutineers for the following Actuary and Fellowship Subjects:
- Asset and Liability Management
- Communication, Modelling and Professionalism
- CAP – Commercial Actuarial Practice
- C3A/B – General Insurance
- C5A/B – Investment Management and Finance
- Life Insurance and Retirement Valuations
- Life Insurance and Retirement Product Development
- Life Insurance Applications
- Superannuation and Retirement Applications
The role involves providing feedback to the Chief Examiner about subject assessments, including: first attempting the exam/assignment, and completing the Scrutineers Review Form providing comments on:
- time/length of the exam/assignment;
- suitability and clarity of the questions;
- coverage of the course syllabus;
- marking guide (solutions); and
- recommended pass marks.
A Learning Management System (LMS) account will be provided for you to access the course materials, readings and syllabus prior to attempting the assessment.
Please note for the assignment development, the assignments are developed a semester in advanced. For example, Semester 1 scrutineers will be scrutineering for the Semester 2 assignment.
The scrutineering periods for 2021 are:
Semester 1 2021:
- Exams: 8 February 2021 – 22 February 2021
- Assignments: 1 March 2021 – 15 March 2021
Semester 2 2021:
- Exam: 19 July 2021 – 2 August 2021
- Assignment: 9 August 2021 – 23 August 2021
The ideal Scrutineer is a current Fellow of the Institute and will need to be flexible around this period. Please email Krystel Rowe if you’re interested in any of the above roles or if you have any questions (including volunteer remuneration).
high school volunteers
The Actuaries Institute's High School Program aims to nurture the interest of mathematically gifted high school students so they are able to consider the actuarial profession at an early stage. We organise school visits where volunteers will deliver a presentation on the profession, outline pathways and also engage in Q&A and share their personal journey to becoming an actuary.
The Institute is looking to further expand and improve the program in 2020. If you are interested in becoming involved in the program or would like more information, please contact Jennifer Yu.
This page will be updated regularly with new and existing vacancies. In the meantime, please send any volunteering expressions of interest to volunteers@actuaries .asn.au